Monday, November 19, 2007

The First Snow!

We have finally had our first significant snow here in Montana this year. And it was a big one! We probably got about a foot of snow Sunday and Monday. Its beautiful. The evergreen trees covered in snow are my favorites. Sometimes I feel like I live in Narnia. I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful part of God's creation where He shows us his splendor in so many ways.
We couldn't let the first snow pass by without sledding, so we went out after school for just a few minutes and played. Scout still loves chasing the sleds down the hill but won't have anything to do with actually getting on the sled. He picked up a new game this year though- Catch the snowballs in your mouth. He is a funny dog.

Anyway, we didn't bother digging our car out this morning, and we probably won't for awhile. (Why didn't we put it in the garage? Good question. I was wondering the same thing myself when I realized I needed it this afternoon.) We only have one more day of school this week, and then its Thanksgiving Break!
With all of this snow, we are getting even more excited about Christmas. I think we are getting more excited this year because we are actually hosting Christmas for my family. We are also glad that we don't have to spend our whole vacation traveling, which can be exhausting.

1 comment:

Robin, Josh and Luka said...

We are so jealous of your snow! It does look like Narnia...beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing.